I don't really have a theme for this post; I am just going to write out my thoughts and go from there! :)
* In my Gender Studies class the other day, some of the female students claimed that they don't compare themselves to other females, that they are genuinely happy with who they are and what they look like. Part of me was like, "Yay! Good for them" and part of me was thinking, "Yeah, and you are lying to look confident." I wonder which part is right.
* Teaching is exhausting. Why can every student act exactly as I expect them to? Oh, right, they are individuals and that would get really boring. It would be nice not get a curve ball out of nowhere for a week or so. I need a break!
* It's tough being a principal. I've thought about pursuing the certification for administration, but I am starting to think that teaching in college eventually is a better goal.
* I wish I could call my friends and family more often. I tried to talk to Michael, who was on his way to Bucknell, for 3 minutes (literally) and the kids were just not having that nonesense! They were running around, screaming, etc. for attention. So, loved ones, please send an email. At least I can do that while we watch a family movie.
* What is the perfect consistency for oatmeal and why can't I ever get it right for Aidan the first time?
* Am I really like Alexander Hamilton? I am not even historically savvy enough to know if when a teacher compared my classroom style to him was I being insulted or complimented? Hmmm...
* Where did my baby go and who is this young girl in her bedroom?
* I''ve been thinking about going vegetarian for Lent. Talk about a big sacrifice. Can I actually do it? And if I decide on something else more manageable, isn't that sort of a wimpy way out? :)
* I think that's about it for now.